You are here
Student Internship Position 2018
We have a position available at Blenheim to join the core organising team based at Blenheim Palace for a period of approximately six months, April-September (negotiable for the right candidate).
Role Outline - This is a diverse role which will incorporate a wide variety of tasks. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Replying to general enquiry emails and telephone calls
· Management of our E-ticketing system including processing bookings and dealing with daily enquiries
· Social media platform development
· Website updates and content creation
· Administration of satellite competitions
· Assisting with compiling mailings to exhibitors, competitors and officials etc.
· Management of media analysis and communications
· General office and on event duties
There is also the opportunity to undertake a research project or similar as a dissertation whilst enhancing your CV and knowledge base.
Office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, however a greater degree of flexibility and commitment will be required throughout August and September.
To be part of this enthusiastic and friendly team you will pride yourself on providing excellent customer service, outstanding attention to detail and good time management.
Specific skills required include:
· IT skills, including an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (key programmes are Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Good interpersonal and administration skills
· Superb communication skills (verbal and written)
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Strong time management skills
· Familiarity with social media platforms
· Flexibility and ability to work calmly in stressful situations!
Please note: A knowledge of the sport of eventing is an advantage but a competitive equestrian career is not essential!
How to Apply
Send your CV with accompanying hand written letter explaining why you think you are the most suitable applicant for the attention of Emily Bradford (Event Administrator) to:
The Horse Trials Office
Applications close Thursday 1st March 2018.