You are here
Event Administrator vacancy at BPIHT
A vacancy for an Event Administrator has arisen at Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials.
Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials are looking for someone to join their core office team who is able to deliver excellent administrative and secretarial support to the Event Director and Event Secretary.
Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials has run since 1990. It is one of the leading three star horse trials in the UK and is the only three-day event in the world to be held within the grounds of a palace.
Now home to three 3* international classes as well as various grass root classes, lots of added value activities for visitors and a very popular fun ride, the event sees over 60,000 visitors to the event over the week, and attracts around 200 exhibitors and 600 volunteers.
To be an efficient administrative support for the Event Director and Event Secretary in the day-to-day running and implementation of the event, with specific responsibility for management of the shopping village and added value visitor entertainment activities including ensuring production of all required information and booking of all facilities required for smooth running of the show.
The successful candidate will be responsible in ensuring specific aspects that they are involved in are delivered on time, efficiently and accurately.
Whilst the role will be mainly 9 - 5, Monday - Friday and mainly from the Blenheim Palace office in Woodstock, there will be a requirement to work longer hours and weekends as necessary in the preparation of and during the event itself and to work for and from the British Eventing Office in Stoneleigh at certain times of the year.
· Handling general public queries by telephone, email, letter and in person
· Undertaking ticket bookings on line and providing support to booking customers including liaising with the ticket company and problem solving as required
· Reconciliation of ticket sales reports daily, weekly and monthly including analysis of promotions and activities
· Administration and liaison with exhibitors including preparation of booking forms, health and safety documentation and provision of support information/query handling
· Development of a balanced and interesting shopping experience for visitors by ensuring a good mix of quality exhibitors, growing and enhancing the current shopping experience
· Mapping of the shopping village within the available footprint and on event liaison with Site and Trade Stand Managers to problem solve and ensure smooth running of the shopping village during the event
· Administrative support for the Attractions Arena and Learning Area including researching and booking suitable displays, creation of information for and about ‘exhibits’ and liaison with Arena Manager to ensure all information is collated, facilities are booked and provided and a comprehensive and entertaining programme is created for visitors
· Assisting with putting together on event information/packs/tickets, etc. for all stakeholders
· Undertaking a range of usual office administrative duties to support the event and British Eventing
Qualities You Will Possess:
· Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
· Outstanding customer service, good negotiation and diplomacy skills
· High level of practical ability in Word, Powerpoint and Excel and ideally Visio and CAD
· First rate written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to prioritise and be flexible as necessary in a busy environment
· Good sense of humour and ability to stay clam under pressure
· Full driving licence
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Educated to A level standard or above with good maths and English GCSE results
· Secretarial/PA/Administrative Assistant or similar work experience
· Competency in use of spread sheets, databases, manipulating figures, producing reports
· Understanding and familiarity with various use of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
· Understanding of and ideally an interest in Eventing and other equestrian sports
If this role is of interest please apply in writing, enclosing your CV and current salary information by 9th January to:
Blenheim Palace Horse Trials c/o Estate Office
Oxfordshire OX20 1PS