You are here
2019 internship opportunity
There is an internship position available at the SsangYong Blenheim Palace Horse Trials. The candidate will join the core organising team based at Blenheim Palace for a period of approximately six months, April-September (negotiable for the right candidate).
This is a diverse role which will incorporate a wide variety of tasks. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Replying to general enquiry emails and telephone calls
- Management of our E-ticketing system including processing bookings and dealing with daily enquiries
- Social media platform development
- Website updates and content creation
- Administration of satellite competitions
- Assisting with compiling mailings to exhibitors, competitors and officials etc.
- Management of media analysis and communications
- General office and on event duties
There is also the opportunity to undertake a research project, dissertation or similar whilst enhancing your CV and knowledge base.
Office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, however a greater degree of flexibility and commitment will be required throughout August and September.
To be part of this enthusiastic and friendly team you will pride yourself on providing excellent customer service, outstanding attention to detail and good time management.
Specific skills required include:
- IT skills, including an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (key programmes are Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good interpersonal and administration skills
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Flexibility and ability to work calmly in stressful situations!
Please note: A knowledge of the sport of eventing is an advantage but a competitive equestrian career is not essential!
How to Apply
On a single side of A4, create a report on ways in which we could/should ‘grow the gate’ – the aim being to increase the number of paying customers who visit the event. Send this, along with your CV and an accompanying letter explaining why you think you are the most suitable applicant, for the attention of Shelley Bacon to:
The Horse Trials Office, Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxon OX20 1PP.
Applications close January 18th 2019.