You are here
Be a #TeamBlenheim Volunteer
A selection of #TeamBlenheim volunteers 2019, photo courtesy of An Eventful Life.
2020 applications now open!
Each year, the #TeamBlenheim army of volunteers are welcomed to the event site with open arms, ready for four days of fantastic competition. Without the support of our volunteers who so generously give up their time, the event simply would not run! In 2019, we had a fraction over 600 volunteers across the four days working across over 20 different teams...
There are a variety of roles available, from working right up close with the international competitors by being a fence judge or crossing point steward, to working in the eventer challenge arena or on the fun ride. If you love horses but would rather help out with the public, you could join the grandstand and public liaison team or the administration and welcome desk team. All in all, there is something for everyone.
Each of our teams are led by a Head of Department who will be your main point of contact during the event whilst working in your role. These individuals have been specifically chosen to lead teams based on their skills and knowledge of the equestrian industry, leaving you in good hands.
How does it work?
Here is a quick guide to let you know how the volunteering process works at SYBPHT!
1. Sign up online - here you will give your contact details and state which teams you would like to be involved in and which days you are available to volunteer
2. Heads of Department sort through the applications and allocate volunteers to their teams. Once a Head of Department selects you, you will be notified via email.
3. Your Head of Department[s] will be in touch with details of what time and where you should meet on the days you are volunteering
4. You will be sent a 'volunteer initial entry ticket' to allow you access to the event on your first day on site as well as other useful information about volunteering at Blenheim. You will exchange this ticket for an 'All 4 Days' wristband and car pass that you allow you entry to the event each day.
Most other questions you may have will be answered in the volunteer handbook which can be found on the documents page closer to the event. Make sure you familiarise yourself with this document before volunteering.
As a member of #TeamBlenheim, you will be given access to exclusive benefits! These include:
- season admission to the event with access to the Marlborough Pavilion and season parking
- additional tickets for family and friends
- massive savings on our official clothing range
- exciting offers and opportunities
Keep an eye on our website for updates!
As there is limited space in our campsite, we unfortunately cannot offer every volunteer a campsite pitch who applies for one.
In order to make the allocation as fair as possible, each request for a pitch is reviewed individually and spaces are allocated based on the following criteria:
- number of days volunteering
- distance travelling to the event
- whether volunteer is able to share a pitch (there is space on the application to state this)
- time volunteering duties begin
For those whose applications is unsuccessful, you will be sent a discount code to book a pitch at a vastly reduced rate, subject to availability in the public campsite.
Why should I volunteer?
There are many reasons why you should get involved with volunteering here at the SsangYong Blenheim Palace Horse Trials:
- Learn new skills
- See a different side to the event that you wouldn't experience as a spectator
- Enhance your CV and expand your professional development
- Support the sport you love
- Be a part of something exciting
Please note, volunteers 16 years or below must be accompanied at all times whilst volunteering by a parent or guardian aged 18 or over.